Jail DivisionJail Phone: 641-585-3632
Jail Fax: 641-585-8811
The Jail phone will not be answered during meal times, court times and lockdown.
Clergy may visit Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm with 23 hour notice. Clergy may also visit other times with more notice and pre-approval.
A visitor must be pre-approved by the inmate. Inmate visitation is on Monday from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm. A visit must be scheduled by calling the Jail at 641-585-3632 between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm on the Saturday or Sunday before visitation Monday. Visits are limited to 20 minutes and inmates are limited to two visitation sessions per visitation day. There is only one visitor allowed per session. All visitors must be pre-approved by the Jail Administrator. All visitors must complete a Visitor Registration form at least once a month and more often as required by Jail Staff. You should arrive early to allow time to complete the registration form. In order to insure all scheduled visitors have the opprotunity to visit, you must arrive on time for your visit or your visit may be denied. You may also download the Visitor Registration Form and complete it prior to your arrival.
● Persons with a valid warrant for their arrest anywhere in the nation will not be able to visit an inmate regardless of the pickup limitations of the warrant.
● Persons who have been incarcerated in the Winnebago County Jail within the last 60 days may not visit an inmate. Persons directly involved with an inmate case (victim, co-defendant etc) will not be allowed to visit without a court order.
● There is no smoking on county property and all visitors are subject to search upon entering the jail facility. All Jail and County rules must be observed by visitors.
● Disruptive behavior in the visitation room by children or adults will not be tolorated. Any disruptive behavior by any person, visitor or inmate and the visitation will be terminated.
● For complete visitation rules: Full Visitation Rules
All incoming and outgoing mail shall have the complete forwarding address on the front center of the envelope and complete return address on the front upper left side of the envelope. Any letter without a return address will be returned to the Post Office. Envelopes with graffiti, written or picture style, anywhere on the envelop will be returned to the Post Office. Mail can not be dropped off at the Jail. Inmate mail must be received to the Jail from the U.S. Post Office.
Envelopes can not contain stickers or any material with glue, glitter ink and magazine or newpaper clippings. Envelopes containing any materials other than letters written in ink will be placed in the inmate's property container.
The inmate address is located on the left side of the web page.
Family and friends may set up collect calling accounts or purchase jail phone cards and texting abilities online at Reliance Telephone.
You may also contact Reliance Telephone at: (800) 896-3201 to set up accounts, purchase phone cards or texting abilities for an inmate.
Inmates may purchase phone cards at the Jail. All texting purchases must be done online through Reliance Telephone.